Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random Emo shit

I hate emo posts and yea, that is one of the reasons why I have never tried to put this down from thoughts to paper (figuratively speaking). But after talking to Mr. Cheong about it…
To Mr. LJL:
I really don’t know how to start this. Serious. Maybe I should begin from the beginning.
You and Mr. LCS took us for IP. For the second semester we had to design a product that was suitable for the usage of an elderly person. Originally, each group was supposed to have 4 or 5 people, but because of Edith being unable to attend lesson, our group was left with 3 people.
So first, we came up with an instrument that would aid in the cleaning up of the floor for elderly people. Basically, it is an extension of the hand to assist the elderly.
Your came around to “demolish” our ideas (Well, how can there be success with just that one idea?) Mr. LCS was encouraging, he thought it was not good enough but he thought it could actually turn out fine if we went ahead with it (which, incidentally, was what one of the other groups from another class did.) You, on the other hand, told us bluntly that we were forcing the elderly to accept our idea. I was a little hurt, but I knew that the idea wasn’t what you were expecting, so I racked by brains for a new idea.
To cut a long story short, our group came up with around six ideas altogether, and I believe you demolished no less than two-thirds of them. After every time that happened, I convinced myself that I was not good enough, and I had to try, try and try again. But after three, four five times of that, I was tired. And frustrated. I am a perfectionist, you mentioned that, so I put the best that I can into all of my innovations.
In the end, we had to make do with one of your innovations, and we couldn’t make it into the house.
I don’t understand…we produced more ideas than any other group, with less people. It hurts that the innovation of one of the other groups was done with your help and displayed in the model house, based on one of my ideas. We were left to fend for ourselves until the very last moment. Even then, I hashed out the product as soon as possible. Mr. LCS was a figure of encouragement through the entire semester. He even praised of of our groups' innovations before the class. I can't say the same about you.
A year on, when I see the Year ones doing the same stuff…
It burns.
(I apologize for the atrocious command of English. I’m not used to expressing my thoughts this way.)

No comments: