Sunday, July 26, 2009

HP6 Part one

So, for once I’m writing about one of my weekends. But that’s only because I watched Harry Potter. And this post is going to be about the film. Actually, entirely about the film. SPOILER ALERT!!!
So the papers say Harry was TRYING to chat up a girl? I think the girl was trying to chat up him. But, see, there’s this quality in elders that like to spoil the moment, so dear old Dumbledore turns up, and whisks Harry away by Apparition. (Apparently the book describes it as the squeezing Knight Bus. Just too fast in the movie for us to see anything…but there WAS some squeezing effect.)
Anyway, they are there to find Horace Slughorn. After poking him real hard, Dumbledore waves his wand and repairs the damage dealt to the house in an attempt to disguise Slughorn’s non-existence. Then,
Dumbledore: That was fun!
Quite obviously, Harry has that “drawing power” that gets Slughorn back to teaching.
Now, that part about Narcissa and Bella visiting Snape. I. Cannot. Effing. Believe. How old Narcissa is WTF. Still. Bellatrix’s madness enchants. Not that I’m not mad myself. XD
At the Burrow...where Dumbledore transports Harry's stuff before him LOL...
Ginny Weasley: Mom? Harry’s here!
Molly: Are you sure? I’d know if Harry Potter was in my house!
Ron: Yea, I’d know if my best friend was around!
*bump bump bump*
(Everyone rushes down)
Hermione: Well, there’s been rumors that Dumbledore’s getting…old…
Harry: No way, he’s just…how old is he?
Ron: About 150 years…give or take a few years…
At Diagon Alley…
Ron: How much is this?
Fred and George: 8 Galleons.
Ron: How much for me?
Fred and George: 8 Galleons.
Ron: I’m your brother!
Fred and George: 10 Galleons.
After the train ride…
Harry: Have you mended noses before?
Luna: No…I have mended many toes though. What’s the difference, really?
Back in school…
McGonagall: Go for your Potions class, or do you not harbour any more hopes of becoming an Auror?
Potter: But Snape only accepted students with Outstanding for Potions
McGonagall: Slughorn has lower expectations for NEWT students.
Harry: Yes Professor.
McGonagall: And take Mr. Weasley with you. He looks too comfortable up there.
Basically, thatwas the nearest mention of classes…but Harry just outdoes everyone with his cool…er…old book when he failed to snatch the new one instead, becoming the next student to get the lucky potion Slughorn offers. Hermione’s frustration was …hilarious, to say the least, I think she was smoking more than the potion.
In Quidditch, Hermione confounds Mclaggen, whom she does not want to see as Gryffindor seeker. Of course, Ron being the other contender, means there is one of those amusing conversations…
Ron: You’re big aren’t you? Keepers are supposed to be fast, agile…
McLaggen (grabs and crushes a bee in midair): I’m pretty confident on that front.
Now, so that I don’t TOTALLY spoil everything, I shall hop-skip-jump over some parts…
On Ron’s first Quidditch match..(I had NO idea Keepers, or any player for that matter, got to wear protective gear)
Luna (in some ridiculous lion headdress): You look awful, Ron…Is that why Harry put something in your drink? Is it meant to be a tonic or something?
(Hermione looks outraged at Harry, who is hiding the lucky potion)
Subsequently, Ron just owns the match…through blind willpower. But those were some slick moves. I think the Quaffle can be the new Bludger.
Oh, and I finally know what those two funny metal supports on the broom are for.

No comments: