Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Drillbit Taylor

Today was epic.
Let’s just skip all the relatively boring stuff, such as Physics, Chemistry and Math, blah blah blah, and straight to English.
So we had to do this comprehension practice from Present Perfect, and we were doing it halfway when Claire decided to bitch about how sucky the magazine was from every aspect, including font, choice of title, wording, etc. But let me just extract a choice quote:
Claire: And the picture is like, SO school magazine
After half a second of dumbstruck blinking/staring/whatever, it was widely acknowledged that that would PROBABLY have been an insult to a perfectly innocent picture if not for the fact that Present Perfect HAPPENED to be a school magazine…
The turning point, a word here which means “the moment where we decided to not give a damn about the comprehension practice any more”, was probably when we kind of diverted from the topic of accelerated learning to our super genius junior. DH’s probably sulking somewhere after finding out that he’s in NUS Medical school, is a chess prodigy and a good soccer player. All at the same time. But then again, that’s probably enough to send anyone into a depression. Then we diverted again into the job choices that he could have at the age of 16-18 and what DH would do if he had those options:
DH: If I had like that kind of genius, I would either be a lawyer, doctor, or both. Then after I graduate, if I were a lawyer, I’d go to the army, then talk my way out of it, and then get 5 million and a tank out of them at the same time. Or maybe I’d be both. Then The first day I’m in court, I’d just randomly sue someone for defamation, for personal damages of about 5 million dollars, then charge him a solicitor’s fee of 1K, then kick back my legs and retire!
Somewhere along the way…
Claire: Some day I shall pit you against Galen and see who comes out tops!
DH: Oh Galen will definitely beat me hands down
Me: No man, you’ll just come up with some astounding rubbish in an American accent, and Galen will be like dumbstruck for about an hour
So DH was totally indignant about Haikal being such a freaking genius and he was trying to find one aspect he can definitely beat him at.
Me: Too bad man, the only thing you’ll probably ever beat him at is height. Currently. Until he hits puberty or something.
Claire: I believe his IQ is actually higher than his height…because the IQ measure is such that if you can do whatever someone twice your age can do it’s around 200…
Jit: WOW pro measure then if a 50 year old person can do whata 100 year old person can do, which is in 90% of the cases, die, means his IQ 200? O.o
To be continued…

No comments: