Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happening at school...

Darn it. My life has been totally screwed. TOTALLY.

Too lazy to type out everything again. So just reproducing what had happened from a letter to the Deputy Principal.

I arrived on the track at around 4.20 p.m., then began conversing with two or three other classmates (Jit Wu, Sooraj, and probably Bryan or Kaung Myat). Later, Daryl arrived at around 4.30 p.m., and I went over to discuss some matters concerning our school newsletter (We are part of the layout team in the Journalism Club). Then, as mentioned in my eyewitness account, we noticed a soccer ball at the end of the pitch, and Daryl went over to retrieve it, proceeding to dribble it at the area near the drains lining the field, while I watched on in vague interest, mind still thinking about the unfinished pages of the newsletter. I noticed that one of Daryl’s kicks went towards the wall, and, thinking that he probably wanted to allow it to rebound towards himself, paid no regard. All of a sudden, Jonathan came along and stuck out his leg, seeming to be intending to stop the wayward ball. Unfortunately, perhaps he had stuck out his leg too hard, and the ball rebounded upon his heel, causing it to head towards the girls who were sitting on the third step of the stairs overlooking the field. We could only watch in shock as the ball struck Edith on the right side of her face. The impact was rather loud, and most of my classmates came running over together with us as we inquired if Edith was alright. Hearing her reply in affirmative, we asked once again, but got the same response. However, we knew something was wrong when she said that she was feeling uncomfortable and could not participate in the Physical Education lesson.

So what happened after that? Let me recount thee ways.

First Mr. Cheong and Ms Mak wanted to get eyewitness accounts. Totally OK with me. So I just wrote, waited for them to discuss, then left.

Later I was going to ask Ms Seah a physics question, so I followed Mr. Cheong and J. Lau to the staff room. Ms Mak said we needed to meet Mr. Suresh at about 11 something. OK. I thought it was just the same as what we had just done. So just meet him. First screwed up decision I made. Should never have followed Mr. Cheong.

Next, we went to meet him. Next screwed up point: FORGOT TO GREET HIM DAMMIT. I ALWAYS GREET THE TEACHERS WHILE WALKING THEN DEPUTY PRINCIPAL I FORGOT DAMMIT.
Maybe because of that he began to screw us up big-time. Blahblahblah about irresponsibility and rash acts causing needless harm or something. So we went out feeling screwed up. Which was what he wanted, I think.

Point is, he was showing us a diagram Ms Mak Drew based on the eyewitness accounts (I think).
I wasn’t half-freaking there. So cool of Mr. Suresh to be scolding us for about half an hour.

Fortunately, it turned out that Edith was relatively OK, just felt nauseous and entered the hospital twice…

No comments: